Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pebble Beach

Pebble Beach #7 Par 3
This summer I went to Pebble Beach in Monterrey, California. I'll say it right now, I had the time of my life. My dad, my uncle, and I stayed at the Inn at Spanish Bay, only about ten minutes away from Pebble Beach Golf Course. It was right on the ocean and the room was amazing. I woke up the next morning thinking wow, I'm going to get to play Pebble Beach, one of the most historic courses in the world. The U.S. Open was held there in 2010 and has been held there many other times. After we left the hotel, we went to the practice range to warm up. We got there and I was already amazed and we weren't even at the course yet. Around 9:00 a.m. a man came onto the range calling our names and he took our bags and drove us over to the course. I hit a couple of practice putts and then I was ready and so were my Dad and Uncle. I walked up on the first tee and I suddenly got the chills for a second. I was standing on a tee box where the worlds greatest golfers have stood. I got up to my ball and just hit it. It went out to the left. I was nervous but when I found my ball and saw the distance I pulled out my four hybrid, my favorite club in the bag. I hit it clean out of the rough and onto the green. I ended up making a par. After that I calmed down a little and just pictured it as playing a regular golf course. The weather was perfect, around 75 degrees and the sun was out. The smell of fresh cut grass was in the air. I started hitting the ball really well and my Dad knew how much fun I was having. The course was amazing and had so many views. My Dad probably took over two hundred pictures. The course played tough but I managed to shoot 79 beating my Dad by three. It was fun to spend time with my Uncle because he lives in Beaumont so I don't get to see him much. I know he had a great time.  It is by far my favorite golf course and I hope I will get to play it again. The employees there couldn't have been any nicer and they keep the course in tip top shape. Pebble Beach was everything I expected and more.

4 comments:

  1. Was there a strong wind off of the ocean? I would think it would affect the way you play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well usually there is a lot of wind on Pebble Beach but the day we played it was a little overcast and the wind wasn't blowing that much. It stayed around 65 degrees the whole day, except at night it got really cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are a great golfer, Tuck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoa i never knew you played golf. i've never heard you talk about it before we should share stories sometime

    ReplyDelete